7) I consider myself incredibly blessed to have found, fallen in love with and married such a wonderful man. How I got to be so lucky, I don't know. These past 7 years have been the best ever, and have gone way too fast.
9) I have been blessed with two beautiful daughters, polar opposites in personality, who delight and entertain us in some many amazing ways. I love their snuggles, their little arms around my neck, their kisses, their giggles, their view of the world. They are, in the words of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - truly truly scrumptious...
12) I love to travel and have seen a lot of the world - but still so much to see. I have walked on 6 of 7 continents. Africa was the most amazing place I have ever been and I would love to go back and experience it all again with Hubby. Seeing the distances that elephants can travel in just a few hours, makes me very sad when I see them at a zoo.
14) An 18 hour overnight train trip through Turkey is not something I would recommend to anyone with the slightest interest in hygiene.
15) In Chile, it is possible to hike up an active volcano covered in snow, and then slide your way back to the bottom. However, it is very important that the man who leads the snowslide down has hips, otherwise the groove in the snow is nowhere near wide enough and every female who follows wears bruises on her hips to show for months. Just saying...
17) Travel taught me that I am more than capable of dealing with the world on my own. My Hubby taught me how much better it is to deal with it with someone by your side. My children have taught me that travel with children is difficult, and unlike the travel of my twenties, it is not even glamourous in retrospect. Usually in retrospect we realise we probably shouldn't have travelled with them at all.
23) I have always wanted to be a teacher ( at least since I was 7) and have loved being a teacher for the past 18 years. But now I am embracing the notion of career change of direction and so, in embracing it, I am going back to uni this July. It's not like I'll be busy much in July - just organising a house and family move to Canada. I'm sure I can fit in some study???
25) Chocolate, Red Wine, sleeping children, a couch, Hubby and a good TV series (or the footy) are my perfect night in.
So I am off to pour myself a glass of red, get those children off to bed, and start chillin' on the couch.
Have a good (long) weekend